Your business is not going to promote itself, unless its name and details is stamped on something that is visible everywhere. The expensive kind is called an advertisement, which usually bites off a huge chunk of your bank balance. The cheaper one but equally effective are business or promotional or corporate gifts. They are useful, easy on the wallet and attractive. As a reporter who has been to plenty of corporate events, the most effective way I have seen this marketing strategy being accomplished is through a humble pen.
As per a study, giving away any kind of business gift is a proven strategy, wherein 97% of recipients keep these promotional gifts, while the remaining 3% pass it on to others. This requires little work and money but can easily reach out to a large audience. All one has to do is select a good looking but inexpensive pen that has your company’s name and a few details printed on it; give them away to your associates, your friends, your family, stakeholders, clients and customers, and half of the marketing battle is won. Here are a few benefits of personalized business pens that will have you thinking about having one for your company.
1. Advertisement on the go: Well, you could have 8ft X 4ft hoarding panels of your company hung all over town, or have one of those LED advertisement board display your company’s best features. Or you could also give traditional media such as daily mail, TV or radio for your advertisement but those aren’t going to be a part of the audience’s day to day activity. A business pen, on the other hand is a living advertisement.
A pen comes in handy all the time. It is one accessory that most working people are bound to carry with them. And it is better when they are free and useful. With your company’s name, address, contact, services and logo printed on the pen, it is most likely that they will remember you when they need your service. Even if they pass on the pen to someone else, you are not at loss. The advertisement moves on to someone else.
2. Mass recognition in a cost-effective way: Although the other forms of advertisement are effective, the catch with promotional pens is that they are comparatively low on cost. Promotional strategy as such doesn’t only reach a wide audience but also leaves a lasting impression on the recipients. It is an investment that takes forth your company’s advertisement as well your bridges your relationship with your customer on a personal level.
3. Better usage: You could give away a business card to any person on the street in hopes that they would save it and remember you for your service, but that isn’t likely the case. Business cards are often cramped into a wallet slot and forgotten about. Try giving a useful promotional pen instead and it works as an alternative for business card while proving to be more useful. No one throws away a good pen and through that, your company will always be remembered.
But what makes a good business pen? Of course it has to work, almost flawlessly. It has to be attractive too. Unassumingly cheap is the next quality everyone should look for. But most of all, it should work as your company’s mascot. Customized business pens are the way to go. For instance, Thai airlines could use a pen that flaunts the same bright purple hue that their name uses. Psychologically, the color lends instant recognition. Stamp in the company’s name; if possible use the same font and design, add contact details, address and your service. Logos work well too in promotional pens. Now, give them away at any occasion to visitors, customers, employees, competitors, media, friends and family. These might be your gateway to success. You never know.